Baseball is a national pastime, and we have a corner on cheap, fun games here in Phoenix with the Cactus League baseball spring training. From February 21 to March 26, 2019, you can attend Major League games for as little as $7.00 per regular-price ticket, or even $2.00 for adult tickets for local fans.
Scroll way down the page to find the best prices for each team, even if you don’t get a discount.
Spring training games give you a chance to get a lot closer to the athletes that are usually on the other side of a big wall at their home stadiums. It’s also a fun family event, where you can relax and watch the game (or not).
Whether you have a favorite team from your childhood (looking at all you Chicago Cubs fans) and know which team you want to see, or you just want to go see whoever’s playing closest, there are great options. But, it can be frustrating to try to find the actual best deals on tickets, although we all know they’re out there. So, I did some legwork for you.
Want to figure it out yourself?
Spring Training Discounts
- Local baseball fans can see the future stars from the Padres and the Mariners for only $2.00 in the Prospect Series. There are two special 12:10 games during Spring Break at Peoria Sports Complex where adults can get in for $2.00, kids 17 and under for $1.00. Kids will also be able to run the bases after the game. You must purchase the tickets in person at the Peoria Stadium ticket office. For more information, call 623-773-8700. The games are on March 18 and 19, 2019.
- Glendale residents can get discounted tickets for games at Camelback Ranch-Glendale for just $5.00 for Sunday through Thursday games. These can be purchased online but require proof of residency.
- Residents of Surprise, Sun City, Youngtown, El Mirage, Wittman and Waddell can buy discounted select tickets for games at Surprise Stadium March 1, March 11, and March 23.
- Kids 12 and under can get $5.00 lawn seats for Sunday games at Camelback Ranch-Glendale. Tickets must be purchased the day of the game at the box office and are subject to availability.
- At Hohokam Field, get FREE admission for kids 12 and under to Stomper’s Kid Zone, with baseball-themed inflatables and activities. Stomper’s Kid Zone is open the entire game. (Parents must remain with their children.)
Military and Seniors Discounts
- Get discounted tickets for military personnel and their families for Sunday games at Surprise Stadium, at just $12.50 for infield tickets and $7.50 for outfield.
- Seniors and military (including retirees) can get discounted tickets to games at Camelback Ranch-Glendale Sunday through Wednesday. Tickets must be purchased the day of the game at the box office and are subject to availability.
- Bring the whole family out for games on March 12 and March 21 at Surprise Stadium and get 4 tickets, hot dogs, sodas and popcorns for only $44.00. This is a great deal, at the stadium USA Today ranked #1 for Arizona spring training, and where parking is FREE.
- You can get 20% off your tickets to see the San Francisco Giants at Scottsdale Stadium by following the directions at Experience Scottsdale.
- You may be able to find slightly cheaper ticket prices for all games at Spring Training Connection. They also have a lot of information about the various ballparks.
- If you’re planning to go to Salt River Fields and want to save on parking, you can use these LYFT promo codes: Existing users use promo code: SRF2019 for 20% off rides to and from games/events. New users use promo code SRF for $20 in credit ($5.00 off first 4 rides).
Best prices by team for home games (even without discounts)
Some of the ballparks are always expensive than others, and some game dates are a better deal. Some teams have set up pricing grids so you can compare prices without having to select specific dates and hope for the best. For instance, this link for the LA Dodgers lets you see which games have lawn tickets for only $10.00 (when they play the Rockies on Sunday, February 24), and which games will cost you twice that much for the same seats (when they play the Cubs on Monday, February 25).
The Links to Buy Tickets links below will have information about season passes, mini-plans, group purchases, and other information. The Cheapest Prices shown will help you find which games have the lowest prices available. (Not all teams have that option, so there is no link in some cases.)
Sometimes you can see your favorite team at a less expensive stadium, too. For instance, the Diamondbacks tickets are never lower than $15.00 at their home spring training stadium, Salt River Fields. But, you can see them for $8.00 when they play the Royals in the Surprise Stadium, and $7.00 when they play the Padres in the Peoria Sports Complex.
There might be other game dates that are as inexpensive, but usually there are only a few at that low price. I made a note when it’s a common price.
Another tip: consider buying the tickets at the ballpark to save convenience fees.
Link to Buy Tickets
|Cheapest Prices||Home Field|
|Arizona Diamondbacks||$15.00 vs CLE, Feb 28||Salt River Fields|
|Chicago Cubs||$14.00 vs OAK, Feb 28||Sloan Park|
|Chicago White Sox||$10.00 for many games||Camelback Ranch-Glendale|
|Cincinnati Reds||$8.00 for any game, incl. vs. CHC, Mar 4||Goodyear Ballpark|
|Cleveland Indians||$8.00 for most games, incl. vs. SD, Mar 18||Goodyear Ballpark|
|Colorado Rockies||$15.00 vs. MIL, Mar 5||Salt River Fields|
|Kansas City Royals||$8.00 for most games, incl. vs. ARI, Mar 5||Surprise Stadium|
|Los Angeles Angels||$15.00 vs. TEX, Feb 28||Tempe Diablo Stadium|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||$15.00 vs. LAA, Mar 6||Camelback Ranch-Glendale|
|Milwaukee Brewers||$8.00 for most games, incl. vs. ARI, Mar 8||Maryvale Baseball Park|
|Oakland Athletics||$10.00 vs. KC, Feb 24||Hohokam Stadium|
|San Diego Padres||$7.00 vs. ARI, Mar 7||Peoria Sports Complex|
|San Francisco Giants||$10.00 vs. CHI, Feb 25||Scottsdale Stadium|
|Seattle Mariners||$7.00 vs. LAA, Mar 22||Peoria Sports Complex|
|Texas Rangers||$8.00 vs. ARI, Mar 17||Surprise Stadium|
Here is a quick look at the lowest non-discounted prices and the cost for parking for each of the ballparks. Parking usually must be paid in cash, so bring your folding money.
Cheapest Ticket Prices
Cost for Parking
|Camelback Ranch-Glendale||$10.00||FREE||White Sox & Dodgers|
|Goodyear Ballpark||$8.00||$5.00||Indians & Reds|
|Hohokam Stadium||$10.00||$5.00 – $10.00||Athletics|
|Maryvale Baseball Park||$8.00||$5.00 – $10.00||Brewers|
|Peoria Sports Complex||$7.00||$5.00 – $10.00||Padres & Mariners|
|Salt River Fields||$15.00||$5.00||Dbacks & Rockies|
|Scottsdale Stadium||$10.00||See this site for tips||Giants|
|Sloan Park||$14.00||$5.00 – $14.00||Cubs|
|Surprise Stadium||$8.00||FREE||Royals & Rangers|
|Tempe Diablo Stadium||$15.00||$5.00 – $25.00||Angels|
ABC15 has an Everything you need to know guide with a lot of information about each stadium, including types of food that you’ll find (surprise – hot dogs feature prominently) and suggestions for drop-off locations near the stadium so you won’t have to pay for parking or deal with the traffic jams getting in and out of the parking lots. It’s a good idea to consider eating nearby, before or after the game, to avoid the surge pricing.
You can also check out these ideas for how to get around for less.