Don’t miss out on Arizona Beer Week. There are FREE events featuring your favorite beers and brews, all over the valley in Phoenix, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tempe, even Avondale and Ahwatukee. If Valentine’s Day isn’t your thing, you can enjoy your ales or lagers, and get your hops fix met, or just listen to the free live music. You may meet the love of your life at a single’s mixer, or even do a good deed when your purchase helps out a deserving organization.
Here are some fun events you won’t want to miss.
Join the women of the Arizona Craft beer scene in an arm wrestling throwdown. This is a tournament to raise money for the Pink Boots Society of Arizona. They will have raffle prizes, silent auction items and of course, great beer. Come show your support for the women of the Arizona beer scene and cheer on your favorite wrestler.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 6 pm to 9 pm
This Valentine’s Day have a night filled with smooth acoustic sounds from Sydney Sprague and smooth brews from Firestone Walker. Velvet Merkin’s rich milk chocolate and bourbon flavors will be a great addition to your Valentine’s evening.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 7 pm to midnight
Don’t be alone on Valentine’s Day. Join other craft beer-loving singles at the QuartHaus February 14, where they’ll be pairing a barrel-aged Divide & Husstle variant vertical flight with fine chocolate. There will be food & games, and the first 50 singles through the door will get an singles swag bag.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 5 pm to 9 pm
The Hungry Monk in Chandler is having their 3rd Annual Arizona Beer Orgy, where Arizona Breweries take over Hungry Monk as they tap exclusively brewed in Arizona beers.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 5 pm to 9 pm
They’re featuring some of the best brews on draft, like The Maharaja, Ellies Brown Ale, Go Play IPA, and more. End AZ Beer week with a bang, and raise a toast with the man who makes Avery Brewing what it is today, Mr. Adam Avery.
- Friday, February 15, 2019, 5 pm to 7 pm
Cartoons, beer, and doughnuts – it’s a good life. Enjoy the retro atmosphere and have a great excuse to start your day with something delicious. 8-Bit Aleworks partners with Fractured Prune Doughnuts to perfectly pair their treats with beers. As always, they’ll show Saturday morning cartoons on the wall, such as the Legend of Zelda and original Mario Bros. episodes we watched as kids. Donuts will be $1.50 each and they’ll suggest pairs that will really make the flavors shine, or you can create your own.
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, 9 am to noon
Citrus Fest at Huss Brewing Co. Uptown
Huss Brewing Co. is throwing a party to celebrate their collaboration with the Central Phoenix neighborhood – #CenPho if you’re one of the cool kids. There will be live music from Haley Green and Jay Allan, citrus-themed food and drink specials, citrus vendors, and of course, they’re tapping the delicious CenPho Citrus IPA.
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, noon to 6 pm
Celebrate the end of beer week with a Hawaiian Luau featuring the release of the 12 West & Dragoon Brewing collaboration, Princess Cashmere Hazy Pale Ale. Dragoon Can Crush Lager and 12 West Pipiopi Pale Ale will also be on tap to pair perfectly with the Island offerings of The Luau Hut.
A night of FREE luau- style entertainment will include Suli O Ali’I, an authentic Polynesian entertainment experience, performing at 7 pm, then Nawai Kalai Music Hawaii DJ & Singers continuing the festivities beginning at 8 pm.
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, 4 pm to 11 pm
They’ll have great deals on house pints, pouring $4 house beers all day. Check out their house IPA at this brewery Yelp guests have rated 5 stars.
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, 2 pm to midnight
FREE live music with the Velvet Elvis band. There will be food trucks, too. Lavish Dogs from noon to 4 pm, and Flying K’s BBQ food truck from 4 pm to 7 pm. They’ll have a cask of Hazy IPA infused with Fresh Blackberries. Brewery tours will be available.
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, noon to 8 pm
- Also, Uncle Bear’s has partnered with the Arizona Humane Society to offer Pints for Paws. Swing by any of the Uncle Bear’s locations in Mesa, Queen Creek, Phoenix or Gilbert February 7 to 16 and have a pint to benefit animals in need. $1 from every pint of Uncle Bear’s craft beers will be donated to support the homeless pets at AHS.
- If you can’t quite get around to doing that particular good deed, here are other ways you can do good.
Beer and Burger Pairing for $10 all week, you can’t beat that. Try the Classic Cheese with Tower Station for the IPA, the Thunderbird with Huss Magic in the Ivy American Pale Ale, or Tao of Sow with Grand Canyon Pilsner.
- Wednesday to Sunday, February 13 to 17, 2019, noon to 10 pm at various Hopdoddy locations