Senior Discounts, you deserve it.
You have paid your dues. It’s one of the few great perks that come with getting older. Many companies offer special deals and rates, just for those of a certain age. With some companies, you’ll need to be 50, while others start offering their discounts at age 55, 60 or 65.
You will be surprised, how much you can save by simply asking “Do you offer any Senior Discounts?”. We have put together a great list of the best senior discounts, freebies and savings there is to offer on several of our articles on Phoenix Living on the cheap’s site. These discounts can result in savings on many different types of items. Likely it will give you a significant saving on your monthly expenses. Make sure to read through to the end, as there are many you probably didn’t know about!
1. Save on Car Insurance
You might not know but a lot of insurance companies offering discounts for Seniors with good driving records. The easiest way to find out the most affordable rates is to compare insurance plans on this website. Many people are already taking advantage of this free service and saving big! Be sure to let them know you drive only a small amount of miles since you likely are retired. Mileage makes a difference.
2. Stop Paying For Home Appliance Repairs
Many seniors don’t have enough money lying around to pay for expensive home repairs. Your home insurance won’t cover your washing machine or AC breaking. What if your heater breaks when you need it the most? Who has hundreds or even thousands available at a moment’s notice for unscheduled repairs? For this reason, many homeowners are getting this new Home Warranty Program, and they’re ending up saving thousands in the long run. ACs, electrical heaters, appliances, roofing repairs – they’re all covered! If there’s something they can’t fix, most likely they will replace it.
3. Go out to eat
Going out to eat is always a treat. Especially if you don’t like to cook. The following list is just a fraction Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers a discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
4. Discounts On Prescriptions
There are actually great discounts out there on your prescriptions. Here are the best of the best…
- AARP: With the AARP Prescription Discount Card, members can typically save on average 61% on FDA-approved generic, brand name and specialty drugs.
- Rite Aid: Sign up for the Rite Aid RX Savings program. Save 20% on thousands of brand-name and generic prescription drugs. See store for more details.
- Costco Member Prescription Program: Costco has a prescription savings program for you and your family. It allows Costco members, who have no prescription drug insurance or whose insurance does not cover all of their prescription medications to save up to 80% (update, check with Costco, you do not need to be a member any longer for RX benefits.
- CVS Pharmacy: Enroll in CVS Extra Care Saving and Rewards program. You will receive “ExtraSavings” through personalized coupons delivered on receipts, and online. They also offer 2% cashback in ExtraBucks Rewards
- Walgreens: For the membership fee of $20 individual or $35 family, you can get special discounts off the cash price of thousands of brand-name and generic medications. Additionally, If you don’t save at least the cost of your membership fee, they will refund you the difference.
- Walmart Pharmacy: Walmart pharmacies offer low-cost generic prescriptions that can save you money. Their normally low price, usually beats out a lot of their competitors!