Do you love getting a deal just as much as you love your sweetie? Saving money on romantic date ideas is as sweet as a box of See’s candy, which is why we’ve put together a list of romantic date ideas for you to enjoy on Valentine’s Day or any day of the year. With a little preparation, you can have a romantic date in Phoenix without breaking the bank.
Get a Massage
Who doesn’t love massages? If you really want to pamper your sweetie, take them to get a massage – and maybe get one yourself, too. The Arizona School of Massage Therapy offers a 50 minute massage for $25 dollars every weekend at one of two locations, in Phoenix or Tempe.
Since the massage therapists are students, you can enjoy a full 50 minute massage for less than half the regular price. Keep an eye on your mail and weekly specials, too, as the School will also offer deals like 2-for-1 massages. Yes, that’s two 50 minute massages for just $25!
Be sure to go early, as the weekend clinics fill up quickly.
Attend a Food Festival
Once you have your massage and are feeling relaxed, it’s time to eat! Luckily for us, springtime in Phoenix is magical, with the temperate weather and just-right amount of sun. Spend some time outside with your sweetheart while the weather is nice and visit some cheap food festivals around the Valley. Highlights include:
- The 14th Annual Polish Festival – free admission, free parking and you can purchase food with tickets sold at the festival. February 25 and 26.
- Arizona Aloha Festival – free admission at Tempe Beach Park with entertainment and delicious Hawaiian food. March 11 and 12.
- S’more Sweets Festival – surprise your sweet with some delicious sweets at the first ever S’more Sweets Fest in Queen Creek on March 25.
- Great Southwest Cajun Fest – bring some spice to your date at the Great Southwest Cajun Fest. Admission is $10, but it’s cheaper than a ticket to New Orleans. Chandler on April 22.
- 24th Annual Cinco de Mayo Phoenix Festival – you can’t live in Phoenix without attending at least one Cinco de mayo celebration, and this one is a big celebration. Downtown Phoenix on May 6 and 7.
- Schnepf Farm’s Peach Festival – last but certainly never least, take your honey to Schnepf Farm’s to enjoy their annual Peach Festival. Pick peaches, pick up a peach pie, or spend $1 at the Peachy Sampling Pavilion to try everything from peach salsa, syrup, preserves, granola and more. Queen Creek on May 13, 14, 20 and 21.
Catch a Movie
Anyone can go to the movie theater and spend $14 and up on two tickets, but for a real cheap treat, check out the West Wind Glendale Drive-in movie theater. For just $7.50 per person, you can watch first run movies from the comfort of your car. No need to buy snacks, although they are available, if you went to the food festival earlier in the day.
Even cheaper? Visit the Glendale West Wind on Tuesdays, when general admission is just $5.25 per person.
Enjoy Live Music
While the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Phoenix might not be “cheap”, it’s a lot cheaper than seeing some artists live at venues around the Valley. You can listen to a jazz group, new singer-songwriters, global music and more at one of the many concerts offered at the MIM. Ticket prices vary, but the venue is intimate and the sound quality incredible. You may even see someone before they become “famous”, making your ticket to live music quite a deal.
There are a lot of ways to spoil your date and yourself in Phoenix, especially when the weather is nice. Take advantage of these free or cheap romantic date ideas, and stick around for more date ideas during the summertime.