Do you love getting a deal just as much as you love being in love? Saving money on romantic date ideas is as sweet as a box of See’s candy, which is why we’ve put together a list of romantic date ideas for you to enjoy on Valentine’s Day, or any day of the year. With a little preparation, you can have a romantic date in Phoenix without breaking the bank.
Get a Massage
Who doesn’t love massages? If you really want to pamper someone, take them to get a massage – and maybe get one yourself, too. You can enjoy $30 off an hour-long massage from Elements Massage – Phoenix Camelback (new customers only).
Attend a Food Festival
Once you have your massage and are feeling relaxed, it’s time to eat! Luckily for us, springtime in Phoenix is magical, with the temperate weather and just-right amount of sun. Spend some time outside with your sweetheart while the weather is nice and visit some cheap food festivals around the Valley. Highlights include:
- Sweets Festival – surprise your sweet with some delicious sweets at the Sweets Festival. Gilbert Civic Center Park on February 16, 2019. (Tickets $7 to $15.)
- Litchfield Park Art & Wine Festival – over 200 art booths, a beer & wine garden with tastings offered by Arizona wineries and beers from local microbreweries, plus culinary demonstrations, live music, great food and more. FREE admission and FREE parking, or pay $10 (advance sales) or $15 for admission to the beer and wine garden, which includes a commemorative glass and either 6 wine tasting tickets or 1 16-oz. beer ticket. Additional wine or beer can also be purchased. March 2 and 3, 2019.
- Polish Festival – FREE admission, FREE parking and you can purchase food with tickets sold at the festival. March 2 and 3, 2019.
- Arizona Aloha Festival – FREE admission at Tempe Beach Park with entertainment and delicious Hawaiian food. March 9 and 10, 2019.
- Southwest Cajun Fest – bring some spice to your date at the Great Southwest Cajun Fest. Admission is $8 in advance ($12 day of, or $10 for military and first responders for up to 4 tickets), but it’s cheaper than a ticket to New Orleans. Downtown Chandler at Dr AJ Chandler Park on April 20, 2019.
- Cinco de Mayo Phoenix Festival – you can’t live in Phoenix without attending at least one Cinco de Mayo celebration, and this one is a big celebration. Tickets are $10 but you can get in for only $5 before 5 p.m. Downtown Phoenix on May 5, 2019.
- Schnepf Farms Peach Festival – last but certainly never least, take your honey to Schnepf Farms to enjoy their annual Peach Festival. Pick peaches, take a hay ride, enjoy a peach pancake breakfast (additional cost), or pick up a peach pie. You can also use your sampling tickets (included, or purchase additional 6 for $1) to sample everything from peach salsa, peach preserve, peach syrup and more. Tickets are $5 and children 12 and under are FREE. Queen Creek on May 11, 12, and 13, 2019.
Catch a Movie
Anyone can go to the movie theater and spend $14 and up on two tickets, but for a real cheap treat, check out the West Wind Glendale Drive-in movie theater. For just $7.75 per person, you can watch first run movies from the comfort of your car. No need to buy snacks, if you went to the food festival earlier in the day. (Although, they are available.)
Even cheaper? Visit the West Wind on Tuesdays, when general admission is just $5.50 per person.
Perhaps you’d rather not hint around by taking your new friend to a drive-in. There are still ways to save money on movies. Take a look at these options for cheap and free movies.
Enjoy Live Music
While the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Phoenix might not be “cheap,” it can be a great deal, and the venue makes it worth the price. You can listen to a jazz group, new singer-songwriters, global music and more at one of the many concerts offered at the MIM. Ticket prices vary, but the venue is intimate and the sound quality incredible. You may even see someone before they become famous, making your ticket to live music quite a deal.
There are places all over the valley to see live music outdoors, with restaurants and pubs nearby. Take a look at some of these options, like Desert Ridge Marketplace in north Phoenix, or Biltmore Fashion Park.
Or, see what FREE events, including live music, are coming up in the next week, at outdoor venues or pubs and bars. There is someone performing somewhere almost every night and this is updated weekly.
There are a lot of ways to spoil your date and yourself in Phoenix, especially when the weather is nice. Take advantage of these free or cheap romantic date ideas, and come back for more date ideas during the summertime.
Are there any cheap or free, romantic ideas we missed? Please share in the comments or on our Facebook page.
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
Phoenix, AZ 85053
Tempe, AZ 85281
Chandler, AZ 85225
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Litchfield Park Library
Old Litchfield Road & Wigwam Boulevard
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340